The Woodstock Land Conservancy in collaboration with Longyear Farm is proud to announce its 3rd annual Longyear Farm “Fun” Raiser: a day to celebrate our community at a beloved local farm. From noon to 6:00 pm folks can enjoy local food, music and farm activities.
This year all are invited to participate in a communal land art piece led by a local artist; Riva Weinstein’s Life Circle is a site-specific community created installation and performance celebrating the cycles of nature, land and life, composed of found and collected natural materials. Participants are also invited to bring their own collection of natural materials to donate to the project.
Event Activities Include:
- Storytelling with Heather Longyear – 12:30 pm and 3:30 pm
- Foraging walk with Aemen Bell – 1:00 pm
- Solar Cooking with AJ Lederman – 1:30pm
- Farm walk with Matt Longyear – 2:00 pm
- Community Art with Riva Weinstein – 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm
- “Sheep to Wool” with fiber artist Carol Mauriello – 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm
- Ivy Vine Player Puppet Theater – 2:30 pm and 4:30 pm
- Tree exploration with Vern Rist – 3:00 pm
- Beehive observation with Michael Reimondo – 4:00 pm
- Creative Art Project with Fiberflame Studio – noon to 6:00 pm
- Face Painting with Mrs O’Connor – noon to 6:00 pm
Additionally, there will be apple cider press making, corn fritters by Lorin Rose, hayrides and farm games.
Enjoy the farm’s own grass-fed beef burgers hot off the grill and other delicacies, including vegan alternatives, provided by local restaurants. The Catskill Ukulele Group will provide music.
The entrance fee for the day is $20 per family, $8 per individual; it includes all activities, a burger and local food tasting (each extra burger is $5). Rain date is October 9th.
All proceeds from the day support Woodstock Land Conservancy’s mission to conserve the area’s land and natural resources, while connecting our community more deeply to the surrounding nature.
Longyear Farm, the only working farm in Woodstock, has been a family farm for 70 years.
Woodstock , NY 12498