Sunday, Aug. 12th
Fresh picked, ready‐ to‐eat local‐grown sweet corn on the cob, cold drinks, and other summer treats. Fun for all ages, two solar music stages- Main Stage: April Mae and the June Bugs, Caroline Doctorow, Cosby Gibson, Hank Woji, Spook Handy, The Offshoots, and The Roadhouse Roosters. Children’s Stage: Bindlestick Bill, Kazi Oliver, Lydia Adams Davis, Miss Vicki, Solar Sound, Steve Kirkman and Susan Wright, and The Quahog Quire. Environmental displays, craft and food vendors. The Sloop Woody Guthrie will give free public sails. New Corn Bread Contest! The corn bread must be made from scratch with recipe. 1st place is $25. Cornbread must be enter at the Contest Tent before 2pm. Winner announce at 3pm. Pete & Toshi Riverfront Park, 1 Flynn Dr., Beacon, NY Interested in vending, firstname.lastname@example.org (845) 463-4660. Rain or Shine. Info: www.beaconsloopclub.org,
NEW at Corn Festival 2018 – Corn Bread Contest!!
Rules and Regulations
1. Anyone can enter. The only rule is the corn bread must be made from scratch.
2. Prize for first place is $25.
3. To enter, bring your cornbread to the Contest Tent before 2PM. Bring your cornbread on a dish or plate, along with a card with your name, phone number, and recipe. Besides the name of your recipe, please include the ingredients used. Attach the card to the plate. If you would like your plate returned, please note that on the card.
4. The judging will start about 2:15 and consider such aspects as taste, appearance, and texture.
5. Winners will be announced from the tent at 3pm
Event Website: http://www.beaconsloopclub.org/
Venue: Pete & Toshi Seeger Riverfront Park